A Mom's Life (Or something close to it)

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Today

So, today was you basic bland vanilla sort of day. The baby actually slept most of the night. She didn't wake up for the first time til 05:45. Then she didn't wake up again til about 08:30. So that was cool, my poor body and brain couldn't take much more of that sleepless night stuff. I can hear her stirring on the baby monitor, I hope she decides sleep ia the best option. I have to work early. Today I didn't have to work til 13:00 which doesn't usually happen. Saturdays are usually 08:00 shifts. My husband worked the overnight so I got my parents to watch the little one for a few hours so he could get some halfway decent sleep. So we went downstairs about 08:45 and she had breakfast. Then she yelled at me while I ate brekfast. Then I got cleaned up and dressed. Then she took a loud splashy screamy exciting bath. Then I ate lunch. But it was time to go and she hadn't gotten lunch so she had to take it to go. She was very mad at me. So I dropped her off on the way to work. She was so interesed in lunch (and I went into stealth mode) she didn't realize I was leaving til I was gone. But then I went to work. Work was work. I was sore and it lasted forever. But then it was over. I went home. The greatest thing about being a super mom is your adoring fans. The homecoming I got! Smiling, wrigling, squealing baby jumping out of her dads arms into mine. It is good to be missed. Then she decided she needed to tell me about her day in a serious tone (I speak baby of course, it consists mostly of different variations of the work mama). Then she played with an M&M bag and passed out in my lap. Then I cooked dinner. Now I will go watch the end of my hockey game and will her to stay asleep. Such is the life of a supermom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web stats script