A Mom's Life (Or something close to it)

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Day off?

Did you ever notice that your day off from work seems busier than an actual work day? Maybe this is not the case for everyone, but it is for me. By the end of said day off you are saying to yourself "I need to go back to work to get a break." Well, I am usually off on Wednesday. Wednesday morning I wake up in time to babysit at 8 am for 30 pounds of rowdy 14 month old fun as well as my own daughter. If I am not babysitting I can usually convince her to go back to sleep for a while. But not on babysitting days. We were downstairs at 8am she was wearing the traditional oatmeal cereal and banana mustache and beard and laughing hysterically. When we were presented with a newly awakened wildman. He immediately decided he needed to eat as well. The day moved very quickly from there. He has just recently started to walk. This means chasing him everywhere, prying him out from under things, taking things away from him, etc. Things usually end up with him in baby prison (The playpen) with a bottle. Then it is naptime. While he is caged and or sleeping then you go around trying to clean up the debris, scrape peanut butter and jelly off of every surface in the house and convince the dog he can come down now and other such things. Today when mom finally got here to get him he was still asleep (it is a tough job being a toddler). I guess he slept all afternoon. After he left I had to bathe my baby because he had given her a strawberry jam mohawk. Then the usual mom stuff and day off stuff such as laundry and fishing teething cookies out from under the couch. Well I am tired from all this relaxing. So I will say goodnight.

1 Comments:

Blogger MarthoOfTheLivingDead said...

Very, very carefully. I am getting good at covering up the bald spots, from me (and them) pulling out my hair. Super mom is not allowed to be bald

April 27, 2006 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web stats script